Click here for the Glossary page
Click here for the main index of the Burton Latimer Heritage Society site
Click here to return to the previous page
Researched and presented by Margaret Craddock

Bungalow Farm

An early 1920's harvest scene at Bungalow Farm
An early 1920's harvest scene at Bungalow Farm

This farm was situated in Station Road opposite the Weetabix Mills. The scene above from the early 1920s was when James Mason farmed here. The farm was later owned and farmed by John T Abbott.

In 1934 John George Plowright was farming at Bungalow Farm together with his son Geoffrey. John Plowright was also a dairyman delivering milk in the town. He was a tenant of the farm which was stilll in the ownership of John Abbott. John Plowright left the farm late in the 1950s.

George and Geoff Plowright
George and Geoff Plowright

Geoff Plowright, Michael Elmore, Mr Eady M Plowman, George Plowright, Dennis Plowman, Geoff Plowright, Len Plowman
Geoff Plowright, Michael Elmore, Mr Eady
M Plowman, George Plowright, Dennis Plowman, Geoff Plowright, Len Plowman

The property then ceased to be a farm and was occupied by the Reay family.

Click here to return to the Main Index
Click here to return to the Agriculture Index