Click here for the Glossary page
Click here for the main index of the Burton Latimer Heritage Society site
Click here to return to the previous page

Northampton Mercury 12 September 1890
Mrs. Orlebar's Sale

Mrs. Sophia Orlebar's residence in now known as 159 High
Street. Whilst here, Mrs. Orlebar and family were generous
benefactors and were the force behind the provision of a
Church Mission Room and the Coffee Tavern.
After Mrs. Orlebar left Burton Latimer the house was acquired by the Kettering Guardians
of the Poor to provide a home for children as an alternative to raising them in the
workhouse. To read about the establishment, known as the Cottage Homes, click here.

Click here to return to the Main Index
Click here to return to the Pprporty & Ownership Index