Click here for the Glossary page
Click here for the main index of the Burton Latimer Heritage Society site
Click here to return to the previous page

Town Trail Point 22

Methodist Chapel


Right - The Duke Street frontage of
the Methodist Chapel

The Methodist Church located in Duke Street is a comparatively modern building having been erected in 1891, (following the move from the property in the High Street - see Trail Point C24) with the Sunday School added in 1931. It is included in the Kettering Central Circuit and, without a resident minister, it has a slightly lower profile than other religious buildings in the town.

During the Second World War the Inns of Court regiment was billeted in the chapel. (Click here for information on Billeted Regiments). In the later part of the last century there was building expansion to the rear of the chapel
with an entrance on Piggotts Lane. This extension is used for social gatherings, by the local Ladies Club and by a Children's Nursery.
Sketch of Methodist Church -
Duke Street
View of Methodist Church - Duke Street

Methodist Church - Rear Entrance


Click here to return to the Main Index