The Town Cemetery can be found at the far end of Church Lane and was provided in about 1913. At the beginning of May 1952 the burial ground in the new cemetery was consecrated by the Right Rev Spencer Leeson. The land was acquired to meet the increasing need of the developing town.
Councillor R S Horn, chairman of the Burton Latimer Urban District Council welcomed the Bishop. Also in attendance was The Rector, the Rev R W Sharpley, together with the Church Wardens, Mr A Northern and Mr A Morley. The church choir and a gathering of parishioners were also present.
The Churchyard burial ground surrounding the church and largely to the rear has now been closed and all burials now take place in the Cemetery. A plot for cremated remains, however, is reserved in the churchyard. A Lower Churchyard, to the south and adjacent to the main churchyard, was added in 1880 and is now closed as is the Parish Council Cemetery dating from about 1886 occupying ground to the left of Church Lane. It was provided for the interment of non-conformists. (Click here for details of Monumental Inscriptions)